Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Taurus

Taurus has entered into the .380 pocket gun market that is starting to get crowded. I think I like this one best. It’s called a TCP. Taurus Compact Pistol. There is even a Titanium slide option, making it very light. No pictures up on their website yet.

Why? It’s magazine is extended. This is good, NOT because it gives you an extra bullet, but because it gives my littlest finger a bit more purchase compared to other offerings. I’ll have to handle one to confirm. It’s this or the Bersa Thunder on my list. Ruger LCP brings up the rear over the original Kel Tec slim .380s.

Maybe the others sell extended mags? I’ll have to check THAT too.

2 comments:

West, By God said...

The TCP will have both extended and non-extended mags. The extended mags make them a _little_ bit big for a pocket gun, but it is definitely hard to hold with the little mag. I rather hope they also offer a simple pinky-rest extension.

You can get extended mags for the Kel-Tecs. The Bersa mag has a pinky rest, but you can get an extended mag for them as well.

Arthur said...

I sent my LCP into Ruger for a recall update. They are supposed to send me a new magazine with grip extension when they ship me pistol back.