Saturday, November 24, 2018

Bad Trigger

A good trigger is an absolute pleasure.  When I made my 1911 the hammer-sear engagement turned out great.  I was lucky.

The disconnector hole had a little slop in it, and you could feel that in the take up.  That little hitch would have bugged me forever if we hadn't corrected it.  The trigger is now a joy. 

But I've done a lot of training with a Glock, and a Glock trigger in various stages of it wearing out, while not bad, per se, it is no custom 1911 good, either.  I can shoot both, tho.  I can do it.  That wasn't always true.  It's a recent development. 

Tam, on the other hand, is testing a gun right now, for work, and it sounds like it is not much fun in the trigger department.  But she brings up a good point. 

I'd rather be halfway good with any any ol' gun's trigger, than be really good at shooting, but I can only do it with the best triggers, and fall out of the boat with problematic ones. 

So if you run into the cut rate shooting Djinni that can only grant you a halfway good wish regarding shooting, maybe ask for "decent with most any trigger pull" as your one request.

No comments: