Thursday, November 8, 2018

I do it less, but

When under pressure I slap the crap out of the trigger.  Jerk City, USA, population:  Me.

And there is the rub, isn't it?  Slap less and less and make the trigger go good more and more under all circumstances, whether moving about or in great pain or wanting to just win, and you have snatched the pebble from the Kung Fu master's hand.  You can now leave the monastary.

Now, how to fix me?

Well, I am fixing me, it's just a slow plod.  Step forward, step back kind of progress.

Now flinching because I have, or am about to have, a tiny explosion go off in the pound of metal in my hand is one thing.  Jerking the trigger because I am trying to put my go-fast pants on and got both legs in the same hole is another.  You fix the first one by distracting yourself and getting out of your own way.  At least that is working for me right now.  You fix the second by trying to smooth yourself out.  Slow is smooth and smooth is fast and all that.

"Nuh uh!  Fast is fast!"

True.  But I think you gotta work out the smooth first before you can go faster.  And everyone seems to be in a hurry to go faster sooner.

No comments: