Monday, January 6, 2020

Good Point

McChuck brings up a good point.

The Maryland CCW people say they approve most applications.

But that's because people only apply when they know their 'good and substantial reason to exercise your human right in Maryland' is going to be approved.

I, for example, would never apply in Maryland unless I had police reports (plural) describing some Ornery Knob that had be threatening my life to point to on the application, or spent a lot of money on lawyers.  Why?  Because if my ducks aren't in a row and they turn me down I have to then check the box "Have you ever, in the past, applied for a CCW in any jurisdiction and been denied?"  That, here in Maryland, is often an auto-denial, right there.

I don't know if it is like that where you live, but that is the ecosystem here, and we rarely mention it, it is so ever present. 

3 comments:

McChuck said...

Whee! I'm famous now!

Or is that infamous?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

You are 'in' something...

McChuck said...

I prefer "differently sane".