Saturday, January 11, 2020

So what you been up to?

Lots of stuff.  One thing after another.  At least it hasn't been all at once.  But all things with a need to be done immediately, or because of a near term deadline.


  • Get the end of year work compliance training done.
  • Christmas cards
  • Christmas visiting
  • Get work badge renewed
  • Five separate medical appointments (check up, eye doc, dentist, routine)
  • That thing with the sink
  • Organize the linen closet
  • My drivers license renewal with RealID
  • My Passport renewal after that happens


Stuff like that.  Accomplish one small life task and then turn my gaze to the next one on the list.  Check them off, as they come.  What else can a body do?  It's just living.

I mean it is sort of like life, lived responsibly and adhering to whatever duty places in front of ya, but regularity of the ongoing tasks feels like the ticking of a clock escapement.  And that regularity is kinda comforting in its way.  You know what I mean?

Eventually the drumbeat on this galley will get monotonous, and I will set down my oar, jump the gunwhale, swim a lap and then get back into the ship.  Just for fun and to shake things up.  Also, you know what I mean? 

No comments: