Thursday, January 21, 2021

Doctor visit today

 Just my annual physical.  But me and my primary care physician are gonna have words.

I took the day off work yesterday, too, because the pain in my back and thus legs and feet was so bad I didn't sleep well.

I don't like how this treatment is going.  "Let's try this, if that doesn't work, this, and then... I'm out of ideas" is the universal refrain from all these medicos.  

I just want to regain the the physical capabilities and activities of an average 65 year old.  I am 51.

"I bet you got the originators of your problems in the Navy.  You should totally go to the VA."

HELL no.  Too few strories start with "well I went to the VA" and end with "and thus had a happy outcome."  

Pill pusher and back steroid injector re-consult next week.  Neck surgeon follow up the week after.

2 comments:

Jonathan H said...

Sounds like you need to find a new doctor...

ProudHillbilly said...

Crap. I feel so bad for you. I've screwed up discs in both lumbar and cervical regions - I felt the lumbar ones rupture twice. It was not fun. I hope this is just a phase in the healing. If not, I'd start researching and get new opinions.