Thursday, January 28, 2021

Rep. Harris, R-MD

Andy Harris got in trouble with gun.  He's Maryland's last GOP congresscritter.  We used to have morebut the gerrymandering in this state is legendary and that cut out one or two others.

People act like he should be ashamed he was carrying a gun.  No, he should be ashamed that only elite Marylanders like him can.  I can't.  Not on the House floor, just like him, but not on Capitol Hill or DC in general or the Maryland street outside my house.  

Oh sure, I could hire a lawyer, pay a few thou, and get in through the back door.  I bet Andy Harris didn't pay fifty bucks to get a 'permit.'   

That injustice aside. I'd think hiding under a desk in that very chamber might've changed Nancy's mind about folks protecting themselves.  I don't think a few dozen CCWs in there would lead to a Sumner-Brooks situation, even with both left and right getting so polarized of late.  We have less honor-battles these days than 150 years ago.  If B1 Bob had been toting in the 80s I don't think he'd have popped Downey.  Just argle bargle.  

1 comment:

Mike V said...

I taught the HCP class in Tennessee for over 20 years. When the normal wait time was 12 - 16 weeks, our State Representative took the class. He got his in 5 days. It’s not right but it does happen.