Sunday, March 20, 2022

Sew buttons!

I do a lot of my own sewing.  I've gotten the 100 year old Singer motorized up and running, but most of my projects are sewing my hand.  

The Remington typewriter lives on the sewing machine cabinet.  I use that more.  

Most all my work is re-attaching buttons (and I have a decent sized jar of cast off buttons and from destroyed shirts) and mending blown out pants seams.

But the plastic container I keep my sewing supplies in is over full.

What I need is a metal cookie tin.  That'd be perfect.



3 comments:

Jonathan H said...

They're still around, but less common each year.
Also, many have shrunk in size from what they used to be, so I'd you find one online check dimensions before ordering.

Cobalt60 said...

I have a large Crown Royal tin I received when I was working the oil field. Vendor "gift". The Crown is long gone. The tin became my sewing kit.

Inchworm said...

If you have an "Ollie's Outlet" in your area, they run specials on these fairly frequently.