Friday, January 25, 2013

DHS

A federal department, the Department for Homeland Security endorses and recommends ARs with 30 round magazines for 'personal defense use in close quarters.'  That they are 'perfectly appropriate' in that role.

Good enough for them, good enough for me.  Thanks DHS!  Someone better tell the rest of the gov't.

They even recommend it be select fire.  Though if I was using a select fire weapon for self-defense I'd almost surely choose to use it semi-automatically, not automatically.

4 comments:

JD Rush said...

And short barreled. That pesky 16" minimum makes it tough to swing around in close quarters.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Ow, my frickin' ears!

Ritchie said...

Just can it.

Bubblehead Les. said...

And the Icing on the Cake is that Napolitano, head of DHS had to approve that statement AND she's staying on for the Second Term!

Now if only I was in charge of a House or Senate Hearing and I could bring her in to Testify.....