Tuesday, May 6, 2008

No Such Thing

MBtGE sent me a link from the Free Republic: There is No Such Thing as Sensible Gun Laws. By John Longenecker, December 2006. I liked it, but I am trying to cut back on the 2nd Amendment advocacy posts so I post it with little comment. Still, I thought it worth sharing, as it is relatively non-foaming-at-the-mouth and rational. Our arguments are often such until you get to our fringe or more excitable members that post on forums in ALL CAPS, shouting, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!1!!!!eleven"

The Supreme Court cases he references citing the fact that the police have no duty to protect individual citizens are from cases like Castlerock v. Gonzales and Warren v. District of Columbia. That second case is particularly harrowing.

Dang, I need more blog fodder. Better go to the range or something.

No comments: