Friday, April 10, 2009

Norton

Eleanor Holmes Norton, my neighbor, and her ally Pelosi are talking compromise on freeing up civil rights of the Second Amendment variety in the House!

That's GREAT news. Pelosi wants to compromise on a Gun Bill. And since the gunnie side has been doing all the 'compromising' for 75 years, its time the other, anti-civil-rights side, like her, started backing up. Compromise is a give and take proposition. Gun enthusiast have given a lot of ground, and taken barely any. It's their side's turn to do a lot of giving.

I have a little trouble with the vote, in the House, for DC. What with it in direct violation of the Constitution and all. But the DC residents are right. They are being taxed without representation. I'd not tax them, federally. At all. Like Guam or Puerto Rico. It would turn DC into an economic powerhouse, if they were smart. Jobs would roll in. Property values would soar.

If they want to vote and pay fed taxes well their are instructions on how to do that in the same document. Of course the 23rd Amendment will have to be repealed, too.

So where were we? Oh yes. Open up DC, with defensive firearms and appropriate taxation levels. Good good.

[can you tell I am still uninspired with my blog topics? I need inspiration. I got a couple ideas. Like rifle slings. Any help would be appreciated. But how do YOU all know what I don't know so I can explore and write about it?]

2 comments:

TJP said...

Oh boy! I can't wait to sit down with a copy of Section 922 and a black Sharpie!

GunGeek said...

I do just loves me the DC license plates. What's the actual slogan they print on their plates?

"Taxation Without Representation"

That may be the only thing the DC government has done right. Ever.