Monday, November 18, 2013

I yam what I yam?

Well, not really.

I use a nom de plume.  My name isn't really Jovian.  Not because I want to be anonymously rude to folks and get away with it.  Not because I don't stand by my statement 100%.  Not because I am worried that in the future something I wrote in 2007 will come back to haunt me.

No, I do it because there are ignorant people out there.  Ones that will take 2 plus 2 on my blog here (that I stand by 100%) and come up with a sum of 43.  Just one HR person that is a hoplophobe could kibosh my employment because they have an irrational fear.

That's why I don't use my real name.  It's not because I am ashamed of anything.

Another reason?  With my real name a burglar that knows I have a firearm or two could do a cursory search to find my home address.  Also less than an optimal situation, no?

Forget burglars, I don't want some of my more worshipful groupies camping out on my lawn waiting for a chance to get a glimpse of me.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the statist gummint agents coming for your firearms, with nary a warrant.
Because they can.

Or did you?
:-)

gfa