Sunday, November 24, 2013

knock out

All this talk of the Knockout Game that seems to be in vogue again in the news is the usual histrionics from the media.  I know of people in Maryland talking a big game:  "Ima carry my CCW piece even without a Maryland permit and just take the risk."

Well, you don't really NEED to.  This falls into the the whole not going to stupid places to do stupid things with stupid people.  That and lack of awareness of your surroundings.  More than 2 or 3 young men with no accompanying women?  Warning sign.  Males that were conversing that stop when you come into range.  Flags should go up.

I haven't placed myself into a situation where the knockout game was an option against me in a long long time.  And don't be fooled, this is not really a new thing.  There is nothing new under the sun.  The media is just paying attention to it again.  There will be all sorts of hand wringing, I'm sure.  And just because it is a ginned up controversy doesn't mean it isn't serious.  You just gotta not go around in Condition White, no matter if you are CCWing or not.  Awareness.  Stay alert, stay alive.

No comments: