Sunday, April 7, 2019

Far Cry 5

I bought it when it first came out.  Far Cry 5.

It's about a religious cult in rural Montana.  You are the sole at large member of law enforcement in the region.  The cult wants to capture or kill you.  There are plenty of 'innoccent' civilian, but this is Montana.  They are most all hearty individualist and mostly Preppers.  You are cut off from the outside world.  Can you prevail against these religious nutjob that have made a travesty out of God, Jesus, and the New Testament?

Or, it's a hunting a fishing simulator with an annoying bit with First Person Shooter parts to interrupt your fun.

While I bought it when it first came out I couldn't play it.  My old computer was too long in the tooth.  I had to save my money to buy a new gaming rig.  So no "Buy a Gun" day for me this year.  As if I had something to buy.

It's a good game.  I have played none of the other Ubisoft games with similar mechanics, so this is novel and not tiresome to me.  I recommend.  And your in game allies love American or Freedom or both.  There was controversy when the game came out.  It insults flyover country or it insults Christians.  I don't see it.  They did a good job portraying rural people, and the only 'Christians' that see themselves in the antagonists are psychotic already.

No comments: