Tuesday, April 2, 2019

"You oughta blog about..."

"You oughta blog about that lady in South Carolina that got into a car and thought it was her Uber ride, T-Bolt, only it wasn't.  It was her murderer!  She was in South Carolina, she coulda five or six CCW pistols on her."

I went over with my co-worker that while having a gun might have been handy for her, being in Condition White was what did her in.

Co-worker had never heard about that color chart thingy.  But they had always thought is a good idea to aware and alert.

Are Uber's such old hat now that people aren't wary?  They all have that little sticker on them.  I bet the app describes the car and license and has a driver name and picture (and may even have a picture of the car (never used it yet, myself.))  If not it should.  But that didn't matter here.  She probably casually climbed in and almost certainly kept her head in her phone.  At least for a bit.

There are even safety tips.

But just a little alertness and you wouldn't need safety tips.  A little less Condition White.  You don't need to be a Shottist to use the color code.  It's for people.  All kinds.  Well the kind that goes out in public.  Or goes out in private where there are other risks.  It's nice to go traipsing about without a care but it's not wise.

---

Hell, maybe I am wrong.  Maybe the impression left by reports is totally off base.  Wouldn't be the first time journalist got everything wrong.  Maybe the only way she survives this is a weapon on her, and it's totally understanding why she got in that car.  A simple mistake can lead to bad outcomes, maybe this is one of those, where Plan A (or Plan Alert) was justifiably inadequate and she needed a Plan B, a way to effectively fight Back.  I just lean to Plan A being enough.  I'm not advising not to have a Plan B, however.


1 comment:

Sendarius said...

I have never used Uber, and I never will.

Yes, I know it is cheaper, and possibly more efficient than normal cabs, but I when I tried to install the app on my phone it wanted ALL the permissions before it would install.

Why does the Uber app need access to call history, photos, files, contacts, camera, and half a dozen others that I have forgotten?

I don't give that access to people that I know and LIKE, some for-profit tech weenie worker who wants to pry like that can go stick his dick in a dead bear's bum.