Monday, April 15, 2019

BAG Day

Today is Buy a Gun Day.

You are supposed to take your refund from the IRS and buy a gun with it.

I dunno about you, but I blogged already that I had to write a bigger check to the Treasure Department this year.  I only got a $1300 tax cut from Trump, not the $2000 my payroll department at work assumed.  Either way, I haven't gotten a refund back in ages.  I arrange my witholdings that way on purpose.

But so?  Doesn't mean I can't join in the fun and buy a gun anyway, right?

Yeah, I have a gun or two.  I have filled the niches that need filling.  When I started this blog I had a list of guns I needed gettin.  So now it is all wanting.  And I want for nothing, right now.

The list of possibles, today, is down to a paltry 4, and none blow my skirt up this month.  Maybe next month?


  1. Do something with the extra 1911 frame I have. 
  2. A .308 rifle good for hunting, with glass. 
  3. A .45ACP rifle with a big honking suppressor. 
  4. Maybe a plastic 9mm modern service pistol...? S&W/Sig/Whatevs.
Easiest is #4.  Those are still thick on the ground.  Any gun shop has #4.  The others take some doing. 

Tried to do a hunting rifle already.  But that Savage 99 was a lemon.  I still have an M1A doing that job, if push came to shove.  1 and 3 are gunsmith jobs.

So, if I was gonna buy a gun it's that pistol.  Not a very exciting option, emotion-wise, huh?   

2 comments:

c-90 said...

There's always surplus, say a M1903 or a M1903A3, or a M1917, or an M-1.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Got all dem!

Well, not the M1917. Those are HUMONGOUS and I don't know how anyone with even above average sized hands shoots one.