Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Range Report

I concentrated on my surprise break, as that seems to be the perishable skill for me.  I'd show a picture here but my camera seems to be MIA at the moment...  Oh wait, here it is:



Right side is me.  Top target 1911's, bottom a mix of S&W 640 and 629.  Left side is Trollop.  Mostly that .44 and her XD40.

Sight alignment just works for me naturally, so I don't have to think about that.  It's getting to be like pointing a finger or pulling an earlobe.  It just happens more or less correctly every time.  So, more cycles devote to concentrating on the surprise break.  And I am getting better. 

I tested the 1911's extractor tension as outlined in a previous post. The Springfield is fine; the Commander, however, stovepipes.  Ah-HA!  I might have the money now to go hit up a proper smith for that gun. I took saucy trollop with me.

Saucy Trollop wasn't too shabby.  After a long time away from the range she either picks it up right where she was last time or needs a few mags to really get warmed up and might not gel at all in the session.  This was one of the 'picked it right up' times.

No comments: