Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One a Year

I may be done on the buying splurge. There hasn’t been any REAL priority items on the Master List.

Sure there is stuff on the Secondary list, but nothing on the Primary. My thought is to limit myself to one a year. For REAL this time. No, I mean it. I will get one in 2009. That’s it. Probably that SIG.

I know, I know… you are thinking, “but you can never have enough!” Perhaps. But my mentality doesn’t lean toward collector. I’m a “one of each” type of guy, and I go for utility. If I were rich I might take on a collecting hobby. Others collecting hobbies unrelated to guns have presented themselves in the past, and I resisted them. Old-Tool woodworking tools, ala the Woodwright’s Shop, for example. I have one of each of those.

I pretty much have one of each in the firearm department, now, too.

A tighter economic outlook for the country also means something, though I don’t anticipate any personal, specific, hardships, near term. The contract at work isn’t going to dry up. I could always be surprised I guess.

Also, just because the acquisiton money faucet is turned off doesn’t mean the hobby money is off. Practice and training and range ammo and even shooting competition. Let me USE more of these fine fun pieces of iron and wood. Getting good at it should be more satisfying than merely ‘having’ stuff.

So… I must hold myself to 1 a year.

Let’s see how long THAT lasts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the one a year rule too.

I only bought 11 in the last year...

I don't have a problem! I can stop when ever I want!

...when is the next gun show?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I think you have 'year' and 'month' confused, JB