Friday, October 3, 2008

Runnin' Low on Blog Fodder

I'm running low on ideas to write about. I better hit the range or something. Try out that new Jarrett style grip I've been practicing to see if it helps. I'm been trying to dry fire a bunch with that. I will say it does 'point' a lot better, and knowing a little more of the 'why' something works helps with the understanding of the big picture. I bet there is a lot more I could learn.

Lots of people can hit a baseball with a bat, but sluggers are constantly tuning and improving, even in the Majors.

Tiger Woods completely changed his swing while a pro, after being very successful with his old technique.

It's all a journey.

Do I want to, and can I get to, Tiger Woods level on this shooting journey? I don't think so. I'd have to sacrifice a lot of time and treasure to even know if I could get kinda close. I don't want win the majors, I don't even want to turn pro, but I'd like my '31 handicap' to get down to single digits.

And the grip might be a good start.

2 comments:

excitedVulcan said...

i've just started using that style grip (I'm new to sidearms) and found it to be fantastic! Can't even believe how much more accurately and faster I shoot. I learned about it here: http://www.springerprecision.com/

Bob said...

Go see An American Carol this opening weekend, and blog about it. It's up against Bill Maher's anti-religion movie Religulous. Think of this weekend as a practice election, and An American Carol as the candidate you need to support.