A neophyte shottist's exploration and exercise.... Read by dozens daily
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Sciatica Carry
Anyone got sciatica and like to carry IWB? Does the position of the holster aggravate the nerve issues back there? Have you addressed the issue in any way if it does?
That's why I switched to AIWB, I would so much prefer to have it behind my hip, but after an hour or less it's to painful. Hopefully my back pain doesn't cause me to shoot my dick off. Because I carry AIWB I have switched to carrying a revolver for my dick's safety. OWB is fine though, except that I don't have an ass so I have to cinch my 5.11 instructors belt super tight. I lost 10lbs so far this month and hopefully when I loose the next 30 I will be able to carry a proper gun IWB, which is actually my primary motivation for loosing weight.
I used to carry a 1911 IWB at 4 o'clock. Just made my back worse. I switched to an M&P9, it was a little less bad; then I tried an M&P9c, and it was a little less bad... Never was it good. I would bet I could get away with it for short times with my Kahr CW45 now that I have done a LOT of work getting my back better. Not sure I want to risk undoing that hard work though.
I switched to OWB with the M&P9, and it was better than the 9c IWB. I can deal with the OWB better, as I can move the gun a little farther forward onto my hip.
AIWB would be great, I just don't feel comfortable with it so it isn't happening.
The best things I could do for my back was to loosen my hamstrings and lower abs and build up my hip flexors and glutes. Hip flexors are a real SOB to try to isolate from your lower abs to build up one and not the other to get balanced again. Not sure this will help you, but it helped me a ton!
To be confident and competent enough with a rifle to be able to hit anything I can see in a Jovian Thunderbolt kind of way.
To be able to defend myself with a handgun.
To perhaps harvest some tasty venison with either a rifle or a shotgun, any skin or antler is just a nice bonus, here.
And, if necessary: To Defend the Ramparts of Democracy from a Level 4 Zombie Outbreak or against the Jacobin, Rampaging, Godless, Red-Commie Hordes (or their modern equivalent.)
"You never select a shotgun as your primary anti-zombie firearm. It's great for onesy twosey, but zombies travel in hordes. The reload time is onerous, and the ammo, while effective, is heavy and bulky and short ranged."
Big Mistake for Her
If Ginsberg had let Scalia put the words "strict scrutiny" in Heller and Hillary said "Gun control is just not going to be a priority for my administration," Hillary would have been elected President.
People I Hit F5 on all day, hoping for more content...
Happy Birthday, Ethernet
-
Digital Equipment Corporation, Intel, and Xerox released the Ethernet spec
on this day in 1980. This is why old timers sometimes refer to it as "DIX
Eth...
Putting a Thumb on One Side of the Debate
-
Quote of the Day Via: The best response in the thread was from Entropy
Generator who uploaded some quotes from the Everytown paper to ChatGTP,
asked its op...
Just Say Flock It
-
Apparently a woman in Florida spent almost four days locked up despite not
even driving the same color car the Flock cameras recorded.
Meanwhile, the CEO o...
Chicken Salad Cordon Bleu
-
Because why not? Our corner grocer makes a first-rate chicken salad
sandwich, served on a fresh-baked croissant, and despite the -- shudder* --
lettu...
Upcoming Classes- October and November 2026
-
Here are my upcoming open enrollment classes for the next couple months.
Take a look at where I’ll be at the links below. This coming Sunday,
I’ll be t...
Another thought about Dot Sights ‘and more’
-
#fridayfundmentals Several articles in Greg Ellifritz’s Weekend Knowledge
Dump
https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/weekend-knowledge-dump-september-18-2...
What caliber for Optimus?
-
Yeah, I’ve not been blogging in a long time. But AI has happened in the
interim. I use it. I like it. It’s certainly made my life easier and more
entertain...
The New Resistance to the 2A
-
You can see the resistance is shaping up around “sensitive places” doctrine
and “good moral character.” I remember seeing a comment from Prof. Adam
Winkler...
Eighteen Years Ago Today...
-
Eighteen years ago today, my son was born. TheBoy entered the collective
conscious, bringing "father" to the list of names I proudly wear. He's off
to the ...
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
2 comments:
That's why I switched to AIWB, I would so much prefer to have it behind my hip, but after an hour or less it's to painful. Hopefully my back pain doesn't cause me to shoot my dick off. Because I carry AIWB I have switched to carrying a revolver for my dick's safety. OWB is fine though, except that I don't have an ass so I have to cinch my 5.11 instructors belt super tight. I lost 10lbs so far this month and hopefully when I loose the next 30 I will be able to carry a proper gun IWB, which is actually my primary motivation for loosing weight.
I used to carry a 1911 IWB at 4 o'clock. Just made my back worse. I switched to an M&P9, it was a little less bad; then I tried an M&P9c, and it was a little less bad... Never was it good. I would bet I could get away with it for short times with my Kahr CW45 now that I have done a LOT of work getting my back better. Not sure I want to risk undoing that hard work though.
I switched to OWB with the M&P9, and it was better than the 9c IWB. I can deal with the OWB better, as I can move the gun a little farther forward onto my hip.
AIWB would be great, I just don't feel comfortable with it so it isn't happening.
The best things I could do for my back was to loosen my hamstrings and lower abs and build up my hip flexors and glutes. Hip flexors are a real SOB to try to isolate from your lower abs to build up one and not the other to get balanced again. Not sure this will help you, but it helped me a ton!
Post a Comment