Sunday, February 24, 2019

CCW map


https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html


I post this link to the CCW map from time to time.  I am very happy they keep it updated, and the last update was the 11th, but I still like to go to the states' gov't website I am traveling to to double check.  You can't be too careful.  But great job on usacarry.  Thank you.

I renewed my Utah CCW, but my Virginia one is gonna lapse.  Non-resident permits, of course.  I will renew Virginia soon enough, but I have to do it in the courthouse instead of online.  The only state I gain with the additional VA permit is New Mexico.





See?

 


If I somehow got a Maryland CCW that only adds Michigan. 

3 comments:

pigpen51 said...

I live in Michigan, and since we honor everybody's permit, then ours is honored pretty much everywhere they have a reasonable permitting system. Of course, some places are no go, like Illinois, California, New York, etc., but I don't travel enough to worry about it, at least not yet. Perhaps if someday I start to do some serious travel, I will look into it a little deeper. But I agree with you that it is great that people USACARRY are doing a really good job and a great service to the gun community. And of course, we need to look things up on our own, to cover our own backside, before travelling to any state, since laws can change in a second, but the convenience of this type of map can't be overstated.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Michigan honors RESIDENT permits. I am not a resident of Virginia or Utah.

pigpen51 said...

I didn't think about that. My mistake. I really wish the Republicans had balls and had passed reciprocity when Trump first was elected president. I don't consider myself a Republican, but a conservative. I did vote for Trump, just because I live in Michigan, and knew that a 3rd party vote as a way of making a statement was too dangerous, with Hillary running, and Michigan being a swing state, in the last election. But if I knew that Michigan was not an important state, I would not have voted for either of them. Then when Trump did get the presidency, I found myself defending him on social media, against my family and friends who said things like he was Satan himself.
I think that Trump has actually not done all that bad, considering. I mean, we know he can be a jackass. But he has done some positive things. Just looking at the judges he has placed at all levels is helpful.
I found as Trump has fought this first 2 years, that I cared about him as a person who I think really does care about this country. Sure, he is self centered, but many of us are to a certain extent. And even though many may think he is not very smart, he is seldom outfoxed in negotiations. He did not get to be a billionaire by being stupid, no matter what Pelosi and Schumer may think.