Monday, October 18, 2021

Medical Hmmmmmm...

I am suppose to get a procedure done Thursday.  Endoscopy.  No, the front end.

"We might have to reschedule you because the machine is down and we are waiting for parts.  I'll get back to you."

Huh.  Real, and this is just a thing that happens?  Delays from supply problems?  Lack of staff because you canned a buncha nurses for non-Pfizer-compliance?

Supposed to get a call last week about starting Chemo.  Initially it will be one from insurance company, "Hey, your doc called about us shipping him a buncha SUPER expensive cancer juice with short shelf life to give to you.  Are you expecting this?" To which I am supposed to answer "Yes.  Let's get this treatment started, finally."  Still no call.

Huh.  Real, and this is just a thing that happens?  Delays from supply problems?  It's not a lack of staff at the Oncologist I don't think.  It's not like they need a suite of medicos to start an IV while I sit in the La-Z-Boy.




No comments: