Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Moral Dilemma Meme

Well...


 

Yeah, if your dog fell in the icy canal, and a person fell in at the same time.  A stranger.  The cold will overcome them quickly.  It is only possible to save one in time.  You save the person.  That's some mother's child!  Someone's brother.  Mourn your dog.  What a horrible thing to have to face.  

If someone is badly hurting your dog for no reason, and you are willing to shoot them, well, that person has demonstrated who they are.  They are willing to hurt a dog.  Imagine how much else that person is capable of.  Yes, I would value my dog more than that guy's life.

Trying to steal my dog?  A bit of a gray area.  

  

3 comments:

Glypto Dropem said...

Nope. If any of my dogs fell in at the same time as a total stranger and I can only save one... stranger gonna die.

I don't need a "proper outcome" for a Kobyashi Maru situation. I'll take the solution that benefits me. Sad that a stranger had to die, but I won't sacrifice something I love.

Steal my dog? Yeah, good luck with that, I won't have to lift a finger.

McChuck said...

Thieves caught in the act should be killed. It's the moral thing to do.

B said...

You seem to feel there is some moral equivalency....thief or dog.
There is not. Dog has ascendency.

Someone harming my dog? My dog is a member of my family...my tribe. Dog again wins.

Saving one over the other? Would you choose your son, wife or brother over a stranger? Ask yourself that first. I know that which I would choose. THre is no dilemma here for me.