Friday, December 24, 2021

Here's the thing...

When you start getting better and stop jerking the trigger so much (hell it only took me 10 years) you'll be surprised how you can ring a silhouette sized gong at 50 or 100 yard ranges.

So practice at range. Hold right on.

Gong is better than paper because of the instant positive/negative feedback

Then try something that moves.  Faster movers require a bit of zen to it, and you'll miss more than at range.  A Texas Star spinner is fun when you are in practice and get a decent run.


 

1 comment:

Windy Wilson said...

Don't feel bad about learning the trigger. It took me until I was 50, and I only knew I wasn't bad at the trigger anymore when the old guys I squadded with in the CMP Western semifinals complimented me on my trigger control. The rest of the process, I still work on.