Sunday, December 19, 2021

Weekend Morning Tradition

 Is it really a tradition if it is less than a year old?  I have been indulging a sweet tooth.  Coffee and these:


Or these:


I got cancer, what the hell.  I hold myself to only 3 cookies.  I don't have to.  I just do

(The Berger cookies are native to Bawlmer.  They are really just plain Jane shortbread cookies that are a vehicle to the fudge.)

We moved to a new house the day before my 3rd birthday.  I have distinct memories of that day.  I was three and I got three cookies.  I put two and two together... or really two and one, and figured I was a big boy a whole three years old that was why I was getting three whole cookies now.

When my fourth birthday rolled around, I still retained that logic and was looking forward to getting FOUR cookies for the next year.  My parents disabused me of that notion.  I was sorely disappointed.

Then it was Oreos, Fig Newtons, or homemade stuff.  Mom whipped up fork crushed peanut butter cooking quicklike. 


1 comment:

Marty said...

Our house guests brought cookies last night. A big box of a variety of homemade cookies and fudge. I managed to actually get one before BR ate the rest!