Monday, October 24, 2011

Little Tongue

I talked about how I didn't like the S&W M&P trigger.  But there is one thing I'll grant it.  It doesn't have the little tongue on it.  I despise that little trigger safety.  Well, maybe despise is too strong a word.  Disdain?  Dislike?  I'd prefer they didn't exist.

I disdain Glocks as much as I disdain M&Ps.  One reason is I shoot Glocks poorly.  Another is it has that little tongue on the trigger.

I like the Springfield XD, ok.  Mainly because I shoot them relatively well, but there is that dang annoying tongue on the trigger that I wish wasn't there.

Recoil from firing can make that little tongue abrade your finger tip over time.  Owie.

Maybe the stupid little tongue is the reason Larry Vickers recommends HK or M&P if you want a .45 pistol.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Detest is the word you're looking for.

Mike W. said...

Glad I'm not the only one who hates the damn tongues.

but hey, a tongue sticking out made Michael Jordan shoot better. Maybe these gun manufacturers were just channeling that?

Angus McThag said...

Or that they pay him...

At least H&K did.

He's a shill, a been-there-done-that shill, but still a shill.

His knowing what he's talking about somehow makes it more insufferable to me.

Tam said...

McThag,

SFAIK, Vickers' professional relationship with HK ended some years back, so in the case of the HK45, your statement seems unlikely.