Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mag Pouches

Do you have lotsa magazines for your primary rifle?  Of course you do.  So do I.

Do you keep a lot of them loaded in case of a Zombacalypse or a GOOD situation?  I bet a lot of you do that, too.  I know I do.

Hey, are those mags just sitting on a shelf, stacked neatly?  Well what good is that?

I have a personal policy, that I kinda recommend:  Keep your mags in something that is easy to tote.  Like in an ammo can.  Or in mag pouches, might be an even better idea.  Every M14 mag I own that works is in a pouch.  Well, except the one in the rifle.

You don't have to do as I do, it's just my opinion of what I think is a good idea.  I like the Michigan Tactical Supply pouches, and bought a few, because they are relatively cheap, they work just fine, and they fit my .308 size mags.  Those with AR15 rifles have even more choices out there.  Bandoleers are relatively easy.  They just have to not fall apart.  Not a lot of stress put on them.  The old vintage M1 Garand enbloc bandoleers were practically rags right out of the crate.  When I go shooting, I just grab the pouch that hasn't 'been' to the range for a while and shoot up the ammo in those to keep circulating the ammo and testing mag function.

3 comments:

Paladin said...

+1 on the pouch storage tip. I've lots of loaded up pouches.

Since I'm an AK guy, though, I have trouble finding modern Molle gear that is acceptable. Seems everything is made for .223 or .308 AR type configurations that may or may not work well with AK mags. My solution has been to use the well made mil-surp AK pouches you can get often for free with bulk Surplus AK mag purchases and then modify them myself with Molle straps and snaps on the back.

This worked especially well for Mrs. Paladin's 20 rnd tanker mags which otherwise would be pouchless.

Old NFO said...

Mag pouches work :-) And I use em...

Stretch said...

Both AR and M1A mags loaded and in pouches. As for Garand clips ... the following proves you can't keep a good weapon down: http://www.originalsoegear.com/garand.html