Sunday, October 16, 2011

My First Car

Was NOT a zombocalypse vehicle.  Sorry Borepatch.

It was a 1982 Chevy Celebrity I got in '89, and it cost me $100.  Gray with a blue interior, it sported the standard GM headliner failure.  It had lived by the Chesapeake Bay and the rear chrome bumper was held together with silver spray paint.  It went away after I got T-boned in the driver in a blind intersection by some SUV.  Glass window everywhere like thousands of diamonds. 

But that model was known for its safety rating if not much else and I was unhurt.  The roof had a wrinkle in it, indicative of a bent frame.  It drove me 50 miles home, with me sitting 12 inches further right, without a problem.

It looked like this:



But I didn't have the snazzy hubcaps on mine.

It was ALMOST something like this, but Dad got offered too much on the trade in when I was 15 and he was shopping for a new car:


1978 Pontiac Bonneville.  I wish it had been that car...

I had slammed my thumb in the door a year before.  Those doors are HEAVY.  Lost the nail.

1 comment:

Borepatch said...

I picture you in something like the Ghostbuster's ride, T-Bolt.

;-)