Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Search Engines

One of the terms that get people to this site is "Double Barrel Revolver."  WhaHUHHH?

Did I mistype and string those word together at some point?  Well, a lot of the google links here are to derringers as one of my most popular entries was about a mythical .44 MAGNUM Derringer

But there is the LaFaucheux.  A French 20 round revolver that had two barrels.  It strikes me as something Hell In A Handbasket, James Rummel, would have written about, too.  He likes this kind of stuff.

And now I'll get MORE hits for .44 Magnum Derringers and double barrel shotguns.

5 comments:

Tam said...

Oleg and I were at a gun show in Knoxville one time where a dude had one of those on his table. I didn't see Oleg again for at least an hour.

Nose around his archives and you'll find a bunch of pics of it.

jon spencer said...

Don't forget the Lemat.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Well, Bond Arms does have the .44 Special barrel. And I'm sure a good gunsmith could lengthen the chamber to .44 Magnum. But I sure don't want to fire the first round through it. Sounds like something Jay would go for, though... ; )

dehakal said...

I don't see the listing any more for the American Derringer M-4 Alaskan Survival in 45-70 /.410. Fired one around 20 years ago. Barrel was a bit short to burn all that powder and muzzle blast was "interesting."

Anonymous said...

Had an American Derringer Corp. .44 Magnum a couple of decades ago. In my defense, I was shooting lightly-loaded .44s for Cowboy Action Shooting at the time and it seemed like a good idea to maintain ammo commonality for the occasional derringer/pocket pistol side match.

The few times I shot it with factory ammo were painful. IIRC, the owner's manual had recommended limits on how many rounds of .44 Special(12?) or Magnum(2?) per shooting session.

ThoreMo