Sunday, February 13, 2011

Archie's Grandson

So, I'v talked about my crotchety old neighbor, the WWII vet, named "Archie."  Archie has a daughter my age and she has 2 sons.  One son is a gun nut like us.  But he's only 8 or so.


When he comes to visit I go over and do a show and tell with any firearms he hasn't seen before, plus the proper way to handle them.  He recites the 4 rules, and their are no bullets about, naturally.  Well, luckily, I still have 2 of the Trollop's pistols over here, plus my new acquisition, so this should be a treat today. 

Now he's young and there is plenty of time to convince him, but... His favorite variety of pistol is flavors of 1911s.  Good man.

Oh, the show n tell involved a S&W 629, XD40, Commander, S&W 640, and 1911 Gummint.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Teach em young, and teach em RIGHT! :-) 1911s rule! LOL

JB Miller said...

8 years old is the right age to Spark that Flame!

Excellent.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Sigh! I remember as a kid when we all had a cap gun and/or BB gun, and if we needed to see a REAL gun, one of the old Granpa's in the neighborhood would take us into the Gun Room at his home. Thanks for keeping the tradition alive. But wait 'til some Anti-Gun Hippie tries to get you arrested for "Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor" because you show kids guns.