Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Beard

So one of my co-workers, The Beard, whom I half convinced to buy his first gatt, is seriously considering adding to the battery.

He is going for a Mossberg 590.  In my opinion, a decent shottie at a decent vaule.  He is thinking skeet/trap/clay for funsies and home defense. 

His first gun was a Ruger Mk III.  His main squeeze has a 3" S&W .357.   So a rifle would get his household up to the "3-Gun System plus a .22".  And he knows how to run an AR thanks to DoD. 

Good, good.  It's all going according to the Plan. 

So proud... ~sniff~

Going back over the last 4 years, I sure got a buncha n00bies to try shooting and buy a heater.  Have YOU done anthing to spread the gun culture?  To normalize and de-mystify?  It's probably better for our human rights than in October going up to folks and saying, "PyhLEEEEEASE vote for McCain!"  Politicians will sell you out to the bad guys if you ever take your eyes off them.  But a rights movement...  that's harder to foil

1 comment:

James R. Rummel said...

"Going back over the last 4 years, I sure got a buncha n00bies to try shooting and buy a heater."

That is fantastic! Good work, indeed!

If ever I have the great good fortune to meet you in person, the beer and peanuts are on me.