Sunday, February 13, 2011

On the Calendar

So, Breda and MBtGE have gotten me roped into goin to Pittburgh* for the NRA convention at the end of April.  (4/28-5/1) 

And MBtGE also has a little NRA shoot open to bloggers and friends thereof scheduled for the 20th February.  So locals, be there or kindly be square.

It's a busy social season.


* [Oh that's not a typo.  Someone from that Pennsylvania city kept calling a hospital in Baltimore John Hopkin's, so I call his town Pittburgh.  There are also a LOT of Steelers football fans in my office, and they are, hands down, some of the most obnoxious fans I've encountered.  Normally Washington area Dallas Cowboys fans are the problem, but not where I work.  So Pittburgh it is.]

9 comments:

JB Miller said...

See you there.

Laura said...

Glad to hear it! See you there. :)

Ian Argent said...

I'll be there in P-burgh with bells on.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Staying out by the Airport, and I'm driving in, so Taxi fees won't be an issue. +10 on the Steelers Fans, but since I live near Cleveland, admit I might be a tad prejudiced. How much Bourbon should be stocked?

JB Miller said...

I have a fresh bottle of Knob Creek, Les!

an Donalbane said...

There are Dalco fans in Washington?

I am 25 minutes from Cowboys Stadium, but, uh, try to remain cautious about expressing much support.

Embarrassment, you know...

Ian Argent said...

Whereas I'm a deadskins fan lost in the land of Giants/ It must balance out somehow

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

After the Colts left in the 80s, there were predominately Redskins fans in this area. The second more common fanbase was Dallas. I think it was because Dallas was good in the 70s, and people like to be cantankerous against their neighbors so chose the local team's biggest rival.

Ian Argent said...

I still feel for my coworkers who relocated to our Dallas office...