Friday, February 25, 2011

Colt New Agent





Intriguing!

Colt New Agent.

I'm a sucker for CCW guns.  .45, no snag, single stack, DA style goodness in a compact package.  I don't know if this is for me, but it's good to see it out there.

Who knows how well it performs, reliability wise.  Shorter can sometimes mean 'jammy' with .45 1911ish styles, from what I hear.  Also, note the sights.  Their ain't none.  Just a trench.  Colonel Cooper would look at that and have a heart attack.  I look forward to reading performance reviews, anyway.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the $MSRP on that guy? Width? Trigger pull weight?

No safety either. I would rather it have a safety.

Compact, single stack, .45 for CCW is the next wave starting.

...

Richard said...

A lot of folks on the m1911.org forums find that the trench sight works pretty well, and not snagging is a real boon.

Assuming the recoil assembly on the DA New Agent is the same as for the SA New Agent and Defender, it should be very reliable. They have a captive recoil assembly, and are nicely tuned. One of the more reliable carry guns I know of, particularly when compared to the competition.

E.g.,

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-98744.html

Gunnutmegger said...

No safety = good.

No need for a manual safety on any carry gun that is safe to carry (not single-action, no exposed hammer, no lack of firing pin safety mechanism).

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

No safety especially for a DAO... Good.

Old NFO said...

Yeah, but how long does it take to get back on target for the second and third rounds???

breda said...

Oh, I think this is my dream CCW gun. *swoon*