Saturday, September 6, 2008

Holsters

The legendary Jarrett/Blackwater/Para Gunblog Train-O-Rama Sans Obama included some work with Serpa holsters that many participants thought highly of in their after-action reports.

They're not shabby looking, especially for any eventual IDPA work I might try. I like the idea of leather, and won’t eschew good horsehide, but I’ll try out plastic and nylon holsters, if they are good uns. And Caleb at NRAhab liked em, so... That's a glowing endorsement as far as I am concerned.

The other holster type that's been bandied about the last couple months in the gun blogosphere has been thte Milt Sparks type. Primo leather craftsmanship with a Tam endorsement.

Me? I have a Galco paddle, a Bianci military style, a Galco IWB (inside waistband), and an inexpensive nylon type for the Revolver. Oh, and an inside the pocket style for the Colt 1903, just in case. All decent, but middling sorts of shootin' arn toters.

No comments: