Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blog Tattoos

I woke from a strange dream. It was a gun blogger get together at some watering hole somewhere. After many, many carbonated adult malt beverages we all decided that we needed to get our blog names tattooed on ourselves.

Sounds like a great idea! Snowflakes in Hell can get a snowflake with a flame motif, or just his blue blog title image. RobertaX can get a big bold 'X'. Breda can have a scripted word 'Fallacy' on her shoulder that would fit her personality. Maybe in Gaellic. Uncle is easy. Papa Delata Bravo can put the morse code on himself. Jovian Thunderbolt is easy. I bet Sailor Curt already has a Navy tattoo. Jay G is a little harder, but Stuck in Massachusetts is doable. Armed Canadian can have crossed rifles under a Canadian flag. A Captain Ahab from Mody Dick is a good idea for Caleb. You can work out a Turk motif, or the map of Turonistan on his back.

You run into trouble when you get to Tam. Somehow a tramp stamp of the words 'View From The Porch' doesn't seem like the most flattering body art to put on the woman. So we'd have to get her REALLY drunk.

8 comments:

breda said...

hmmm...and I have been considering another tattoo...

Bob said...

I'll just use Thomas Tew's flag, since it shows a drawn cutlass.

Unknown said...

Nice shout out for blogger's.

Heard of most of those blogs, but a few I am not sure that I was aware of.

Thank you...

- The Saj (a.k.a. N.U.G.U.N. Blog @nugun.wordpress.com)

NotClauswitz said...

None for me.

breda said...

oh, and? I'd be willing to help you get Tam really drunk - but I sure as heck won't be in the same state the morning after.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

The only palce I'd be is someplace with 1 inch plate steel on top of reinforced concrete and LOOOOOOoooooogn sightlines visible from inside through a hardened periscope.

The Armed Canadian said...

What makes you think that Tam just won't HALO in on your ass on top of said bunker and roll a Civil War grenade through your periscope slit? I doubt she's the type that will simply hunt you down like an animal. No, I think she'd do you with panache and her snark would be strong as she did her rendition of tatoo art with a gut hook.

As to my tatoo, my fiancee has already made a claim on a maple leaf and my hindquarters. But I like your idea, just a half-Maple Leaf, half-Stars and Stripes. Rifle types I'd have to give thought to because I sure as hell am not tatooing a Ross rifle on my body!

Jay G said...

Interestingly enough, I've got designs on a Gadsden rattler and a "barbed-wire" type "MOLON LABE" in the works...