Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Word on Product Endorsement

NO ONE pays me anything except for a small little IT contractor company that has set me up a nice 9-5 job as a sysadmin drone. It's a living. Pays well. Isn't too boring. I feel like I contribute to the success of the company there.

The NRA doesn't pay me wheelbarrows full of cash for writing a gun blog.

Engage Armament doesn't give me considerations for saying nice things about their gun shop.

And Magtech doesn't throw in free ammo for saying their cartridges don't suck, has a reasponable price, and I have shot a mess of it with no problems.

Carteach made me think of maybe reminding folks that I ain't no paid shill. Just a regular unpaid enthusiastic-amateur shill.

That said, if anyone DOES want to pay me, I'll take your money. And tell folks that you pay me here, of course.

[hint NRA: a free lifetime membership would be nice. I don't even need the leather jacket swag that comes with joining. Who am I kidding. They have no reason to help me out like that when they get the same treatment for free, anyway.]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"the leather jacket swag that comes with joining"

Wait...where is this? I just began the easy lifetime membership. How do I get a leather jacket swag?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

That's what they told me at the Fun Show NRA table.