Friday, September 12, 2008

Never

Some of you have been around the Intarwebz, this delightful series of tubes bringing you wonders from all over the world.



There is a seamy side to the Web. One where you see things you just can't unsee afterwards. The part you protect your children from. Rule 34 always applies. Simplified, Rule 34 means, if you can think of 2 things, someone, somewhere, has made p0rnography out of it. And posted it on the internet.



One thing you should NEVER Google... I'm serious, do NOT Google this and click on the 'Official Site' for it, is an internet legend known as 'goatse.' Do NOT ever look at goatse related items. Trust me. You DO trust me, don't you?



However, if you can't resist, get some to take a picture of your face without revealing what comes up on the monitor, AS it comes up on the monitor in front of your eyes, if this is your first time. Then post the picture of your facial expression and leave a link in my comments. That 'look' cracks me up. Known as "first goatse pictures."



There are still plenty of people out there that haven't had their innocence robbed. Don't do the same thing to unsuspecting relatives. It'll scar people. They'll want to bleach their eyeballs. They'll curl up in the fetal position. It isn't pretty.



But don't even do it. I don't need to be cheered up or anything.



Anyway, something reminded me of goatse, from Smallest Minority. It's on his left margin, and I stole it to show here. It's probably intentional on someone's part.







[one of the advantages of goatse is if someone 'hotlinks' one of your images, stealing your bandwidth. you replace your picture with one of goatse and link to your original image with a slightly altered filename. your website has the wholesome pic, but the interloper now has the evil that is goatse on THEIR website until they realize what happened. hilarity ensues and you teach a lesson. DON'T STEAL BANDWIDTH. ]

UPDATE: ESPECIALLY don't search for goatse at work

2 comments:

red said...

I thought the same thing when I saw that pic on Smallest Minority!

Bob said...

I remember when that "obama salute" thing first made the rounds, I put it up in ridicule on my LiveJournal; an LJ friend linked it, and all of a sudden I'm reading numerous "goatse" comments, so I looked it up on Wikipedia...

*laughs*