Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shopping Bust

So, the guns I want? Nope. Bupkis.

My gunstores supplier/s is/are bupkis.

There is a 617 at Atlantic Guns up the street, but I don't like the way they ignore customers there. Nice selection of double shotguns there, I must admit. And a plethora of FAL... if you are into that... I'm getting distracted! The 617. Yeah, no idea what they wanted for it as the tag was turned around in the case. (What, are they ASHAMED of their pricing?) No idea if it is the preferred 10 shot version. I know it was only a 4" barrel, and I WANT 6".

Anyway, save that for later consideration. But probably not.

I'll have to let my fingers do the walking to check a few more stores out.

MY gunstore, Engage Armament, did have a 642, with no trigger lock. Not exactly what I prefer in a snubbie, as it is of alloy construction and not rated .357. I'll have to think on it.

In the meantime... phone calls.

I'd like to avoid gun auction transfer fees if I can help it.

Ooo, the range. I'll hit the range tomorrow, see if they have anything I want in the display cases for sale. Doubt it. But you never know.

Patience is the watch word.

5 comments:

Jerome said...

Go to Gun Connection. The drive is worth it.

Tam said...

Personally? I think the J-frame .357s are some of the dumbest guns tom come down the pike in decades, but that's just me.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I don't want my J-Frame .357 to SHOOT .357. I just want my +P >38 to be so overbuilt it's like I'm wearing suspenders AND a belt. I want it to wear like a cast iron skillet.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Can you recommend the next best thing?

Jay G said...

Tam disses the Snubbie from Hell™???

I'm wounded to the core...

Actually, I'm not. I'll be honest, T-Bolt. If I could do it again, I'd get the S&W 637 *and* the 642 for about the same price I paid for the 360PD. The weight difference is only 3 ounces, and the price differential is a LOT of .38 Special for practice...