Friday, January 19, 2018

Did you see that?

One bupkis day of no fodder led to a seed for the next day's fodder, led to another seed for yesterday...

So, what about today?  Some more randoms.

My company gives away freebie swag every now and then.  Coffee mug with the logo.  Polo shirt with the logo.  Knock-off Moleskin 5x7 notebook with the logo.

I was using this knockoff notebook for shooting log.  Keeping track of round counts and failures and magazine issues and whatnot for all my 'user' pistols.

Well, pages started dropping out of thing, dammit.  Upgraded to the real thing 5x8.25".  If pages drop out of an expensive Moleskin, I will be disappointed.

So I transferred data to that guy.  Just the last entry.  Little failure date to transfer.  Other than "constant magazine failure with this one" and "one failure back in the 540s for this one so I cleaned it" and "it's a .22 with a thousand rounds through it and still work pretty good with few failures so no need to notate heavily."


The grid pattern means I have to write smaller, so that is good too.  Entries look like:

Hardcore9 .......................................................................       300
19 JAN 2018 .....45 rounds of American Eagle 124gr.....
............................twice failed to lock back on last round      345 total

etc.

The totals and sub totals are rounds I shot since I got the gun. If there is more data points I should routinely add that YOU can think of, I'd be grateful if you can share it.  I add other notes sometimes, like: "Very relaxed this session, after warmup shot very well with only two flinches.  Relax, front site, stack-break."


No comments: