But whenever it comes up I often get dragged by cop-fans. Not the kinda dragging the rioters do. Polite comment disagreement.
Solution, for me, all this time has been to hamstring the public sector unions. They wield too much power. But that solution is, like most, too simple, direct, plausible - and wrong. Well, wrong-ish. Good ol' Mencken. Can always count on the sage of Baltimore until he got too old and bitter in the 30s.
Anyway. Yes, the union and big blue wall is a bad thing, and qualified immunity they back to the hilt is easily abused too. But take them things away you get new problems. If you kill off the public union then public/politic management has to have the cops' backs. SOMEBODY has to back stop them, or they'll get eaten alive. And I'd not trust a politician to do that. The only thing worse than a crooked cop is any politician that thinks you stand in his way at the ballot box. And they'll throw bad cops and good cops and victimized constituency over the transom in a trice if they threaten the pols phoney-baloney job.
So, my distaste for abusive cops is tempered by my greater distaste for the political class above them. What's that... a dirty cop is still acting like a good guy 80% of the time? Maybe. I dunno. But a good pol is only good, what? 50%? Servants indeed.
To be confident and competent enough with a rifle to be able to hit anything I can see in a Jovian Thunderbolt kind of way.
To be able to defend myself with a handgun.
To perhaps harvest some tasty venison with either a rifle or a shotgun, any skin or antler is just a nice bonus, here.
And, if necessary: To Defend the Ramparts of Democracy from a Level 4 Zombie Outbreak or against the Jacobin, Rampaging, Godless, Red-Commie Hordes (or their modern equivalent.)
"You never select a shotgun as your primary anti-zombie firearm. It's great for onesy twosey, but zombies travel in hordes. The reload time is onerous, and the ammo, while effective, is heavy and bulky and short ranged."
Big Mistake for Her
If Ginsberg had let Scalia put the words "strict scrutiny" in Heller and Hillary said "Gun control is just not going to be a priority for my administration," Hillary would have been elected President.
People I Hit F5 on all day, hoping for more content...
I’m Still Baffled
-
Quote of the Day We examined whether these outcomes differ between
monogamous, consensually non-monogamous, and infidelity (i.e.,
non-consensually non-mono...
PAMAS G1S: The French Beretta 92 (Now in the US!)
-
Looking for a replacement for the MAC-50, the French Gendarmerie Nationale
adopted the Beretta 92 in 1987 after finding it equal in quality to the SIG
P226...
Comprehensive study identifies all Roman roads
-
Well, for some values of "comprehensive" and "all":
The study published earlier this week mapped out the roads into what the
Roman network could have loo...
If I Were a Bettor on a "Prediction Site"...
-
... I'd bet on three things:
- China moves on Taiwan by the end of next year.
- Russia moves on one or more of the Baltic nations by the end of next ...
Weekend Knowledge Dump- September 25, 2026
-
Knowledge to make your life better. If you have some free time, check out
some of these links this weekend. Terminal Ballistics II: What Pistol
Bullets ...
Silencer Saturday #450: 4473 vs. Form 4 Transfers
-
Good afternoon, everyone, and welcome back to TFB’s Silencer Saturday,
brought to you by Yankee Hill Machine, manufacturer of the new Victra
20-gauge shotg...
What caliber for Optimus?
-
Yeah, I’ve not been blogging in a long time. But AI has happened in the
interim. I use it. I like it. It’s certainly made my life easier and more
entertain...
It's Labor Day
-
Anymore, I'm not all that sure what we mean by "labor," and to what
extent a Federal holiday to celebrate it means anything. Sure, sure, both
big pol...
The Wal-Mart Parking Lot Killing Legal Outcome
-
The State Attorney of the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit of Florida has ruled
that there will be no prosecution of the woman who shot a man to death
followin...
The New Resistance to the 2A
-
You can see the resistance is shaping up around “sensitive places” doctrine
and “good moral character.” I remember seeing a comment from Prof. Adam
Winkler...
Eighteen Years Ago Today...
-
Eighteen years ago today, my son was born. TheBoy entered the collective
conscious, bringing "father" to the list of names I proudly wear. He's off
to the ...
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
No comments:
Post a Comment