Saturday, June 27, 2009

THANK YOU!

Jenny said... "Tighten the screw in line with and about an inch back from the loading gate. That's connected to the "tang" of the gate itself and it should tighten right up no fuss. Might want to loc-tite it. That was my first "oh no, it's broken!" gun moment, on a .30-30"

Oh my goodness! That did it! THANK YOU!!! I guess some kitchen-table gunsmith was all it needed, and it was certainly within my skill set. My 1894C is ostensibly functional again. It ain't done broke no mo.

This is exactly why I started this blog. To learn stuff I didn't know by tapping into a wide variety

1 comment:

Bob S. said...

Bolt,

I am always amazed at the generosity and willingness to help I've seen from gunnies.

Even your blog is a great example of this.

When I first started shooting, yours was and is a regular read because you talk about the issues that I knew I would be running into.

Not only did you talk about the issues, but you shared what you did or were going to do to fix them.

Your willingness to share info, and others, really encouraged me to a.) pick up shooting as a hobby and b.) start blogging.

Thanks for all that you do.