Thursday, June 18, 2009

Homeland

So it's been about 140 years since my paternal ancestors left our family's ancestral homeland in the shadow of the Alps and near the shores of the Bodensee. We were a simple people. Herdsmen and cheesemakers. The one time impressed into Napolean's Grande Armee for a little stroll to Moscow. And a bit of a jog back. But great great great great great grandpa (grosse grosse grosse grosse grosse Opa) made it back, at least.

I wonder how my long lost cousins are doing now, back in the old country?



Oh. I see. Maybe there was a reason our family left.

5 comments:

Paladin said...

Uhh....

My first thought?

WTF?... about every three seconds.

My second thought?

Several people had to get together and put alot of effort into producing that video.

On Purpose.

:)

James R. Rummel said...

Good post.

James

Seesh said...

Thanks for this post, it's hilarious.

NotClauswitz said...

Is that a dub of Bony-M the 80's hit German group? :-) Oh for Vienna calling...

leBolide said...

That was one of my favorite songs back in high school! 'twas a great dance tune at the clubs.