Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lookie!

Look what came in the mail!


Not the SIG. Nor the book.

Yup, a Milt Sparks holster. Versa Max 2 with shark skin. They were thinking October delivery and sure enough, here she comes.

Pretty!

I'm so pleased. Can't wait to try it out in public. Golly it's nice. Initial forays from the living room to the kitchen show it to be confortable. Those snaps are one-ways. You have to roll them in just right to fully engage them

Here is a pic of ALL the holsters I have for the Sig P229 DAK:



The half leather one is a Comp Tac that works ok. And the paddle one is a Serpa. More of an open carry rig, that. Or IDPA if I ever thought about doing that stuff.

I am thinking of maybe getting another VM2 for a 1911 if I like how this one rides, though I kinda like something with a thumb break retention strap for the 1911. I'm a bit chicken that way. Hmm, I was thinking shoulder holster the other week... But Milt Sparks doesn't have a shoulder style. Stick with Galco. IF I go with shoulder.

I figure I need a few dozen more holsters, tho. All the gunnies with a lot more experience shooting have a drawer full of holster rejects. I'm look at YOU JayG.

4 comments:

Pop N Fresh said...

well played sir, mine has brought me years of quality use

Jay G said...

I'm beyond the stage of a box of holsters. No, now I have an entire chest of drawers full of holsters...

That's what happens when you change carry guns 4 or 5 times...

Mike W. said...

How do you like the MTAC?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Is the MTAC the same as a Comp Tac?

Assuming yes, it's ok. It took some getting used to, comfort-wise, as some of plastic can be a bit pokey. But I can tuck a shirt into it. I wanted to try one of those, regardless.