Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Breaking Bad

I have a confession.  I have not seen 3 minutes of Breaking Bad.  Before now.  I wanted to wait til the series was over, get the DVD and watch it on my own pace.

5 shows in, and it's pretty good.  And it's reputation is good.  NO SPOILERS.

And parts of if I am finding cringeworthably HORRIBLE.  "It's a Stratocaster!"

But I've picked up some of the show's themes via cultural osmosis.  So I recognize foreshadowing.  THIS early in the series.  Wow.  This Gilligan guy knew where he was going with this before the first shot was made.

Ok... this early on, not much gun play.  There is a large Ruger revolver I recognize, and is uninteresting to me, and a semi---  I don't recognize.  Ah-ha!  I thought 1911 initially.  BIG bore.  But with more views of it I'm thinking one of those metal S&W flavors I am not as familiar with.  Let's see, shall we?

A Smith and Wesson 4506.  Not bad T-Bolt, guessing as far as you did.  .45ACP.   The Smiff '1911'.  That isn't a 1911.  Ick.  Safety on the slide to block the firing pin insead of blocking the sear.  No like.


4 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

You can definitely see a lot of layers to what makes up Walt just in the first few episodes, tho. Way to act Cranston.

breda said...

Hated it.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

really?!

Tam said...

"Safety on the slide to block the firing pin insead of blocking the sear."

...and disconnect the trigger, FWIW.