Monday, November 7, 2016

Range on the 2nd, November

Been at least 1200 rounds through the Ciener since I started this training regiment.  This last time the final  round didn't eject properly, and there were 3 light strikes, for 60 rounds fired.  Light strikes were on the last of the Remington brand, but I don't really blame them at this point.  I think it's more a factor of how FILTHY the gun is.

Finally going to get some live-fire training with centerfire ammo the first weekend in December.  Thus, by recent interest in 9mm.



Not too much to say about this one.  My elbow hurt less so I can't blame poor performance on that.  I wasn't fatigued.  It's just....  not good.  About the only good thing I can say about it is, while I still favor the right of the target because of my left handedness, I favor it LESS on this one.  So maybe that is improving.

Score:

First set 27 24 27 25 23 24 26 26x =  202 and one X

Second 21 23 25 21 25 21 26 23 =   185.  Booooo.

Another good thing....  all out of trash .22 for a while, going to use the mini-max.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

It's trigger time, and yes MUCH less favoring the right...

Will said...

How well do you shoot right-handed?

Just because you term yourself a lefty, doesn't mean you do everything equally well with that hand. In fact, that would be rare, according to researchers. The same comment applies equally to eyes, feet, legs, and arms, in various measures.

Although the targets don't exhibit a definite eye problem, try using the other eye, to check.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I shoot better one handed with the left. I am definitely left eye dominant. But I haven't ever tried 2 handed right hand. Lemme check next time.