Thursday, June 10, 2021

Assault Weapons Ban

So, a District court judge overturned the AWB in California, the State should have to lift it by the 4th of July.

I full expect the 9th Circuit to put a stay on this ruling, then rule against it.  So nothing comes of the ruling in the near term.  Maybe this has already happened as of today, Wednesday morning.  No hurry, 9th, you got til the 3rd.

Eventually it gets to SCOTUS.  Then is depends on Roberts.  Prolly a lotta foot dragging before then to run out the clock.  Maybe a conservative justice will lead the bend and President Susan Rice can nominate a new one.  

The ruling isn't bad news, but it's not the good news I would prefer.  My curmudgeonly pessimism has taken the reins of late, for some reason.

---

I'm trying not to dwell on the negative.  It is the CORRECT ruling, of course.  

1 comment:

Angus McThag said...

I'm in my early 50's. I'll prolly be in an ACLF by the time SCOTUS gets to the point of deciding on cert.