Wednesday, December 2, 2015

X

On a long drive I am trying to think up blog fodder.

Remembrance of this image came to mind unbidden:



That is Malcom X, and I am pretty sure I saw that first in his autobiography.

What?  You haven't read the Autobiography of Malcolm X.

My memory was it was a pistol-ized version of the M1 Carbine, but seeing it now I must have confused that picture in my head with the one of Patty Hearst.

Thinking, it occurred to me that having that rifle to hand would have been almost certainly a felony for him after the GCA of 1968, being an ex con and all.  Depending on where he was it might have been illegal for him before 1968.  And this is almost certainly before 1968, as he looks much younger than the year he died, here.  Also, he died in 65.

Looks like two 30-rounder magazines taped together.  And typical trigger discipline from that era.  Doesn't matter who, if you are wearing a tie that skinny your finger is inside the trigger guard.  You can set your watch by it.

No comments: