Friday, August 6, 2021

Before the Four Rules

There were convoluted lengthy rules to memorize.  Like the 10 Commandments of safety:



Who wants that jumble in their head?  I mean they are all valid and all, but, too busy.

And here is the boy scout list had 8.  And less good.




But my personal favorite is this one.  Excuse me while I whip this out:



One of Jeff Coopers true legacies is simplifying the safety rules down to the 4 essentials.  And then drill them home and convert everyone over to them.  You may not be still all fired up on carrying a 1911 or nothing, or only getting yourself a .308 Scout rifle, but even the Glock 17 and Poodle Shooter owners know the four rules.  (Dammit, I think Tam did this joke before.  Hell, I prolly did this joke before)

Lucky Strikes Means Fine Tobacco.  So round, so firm, so fully packed.  Like me!

L.S./M.F.T

  1. Loaded, Stupid!  (all guns are always loader)
  2. Muzzle!  (never point the muzzle at anything you don't want to destroy)
  3. Finger!  (keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot)
  4. Target!  (Be sure of your target and what is behind it)


No comments: