Monday, August 23, 2021

When they evacuated Bagram AFB...

Way back in July, I remember thinking, then, that that was a big deal, and something I personally would have saved for last.  It was very secure inside, and the last thing I'd hand over on my way out.  But I wasn't there.  I wasn't on the ground.  What did I know, way over here?  People much smarter than me made that decision so it would probably turn out fine.  I guess.

Meh.

Then Auguse, before I knew it, they had abandoned Hamid Karzai airport in Kabul, then quickly reversed the decision because thing got a little spicy a little quickly.  So I had no time to shake my head ruefully about that.  

I hope things get better before they get worse.  



1 comment:

Mike V said...

“People that are said to be much smarter than me made that decision.”

There, I fixed it for you. Personally, I wouldn’t trust this bunch to tie their shoes properly.