Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Snubbie trigger springs.

 First problem... hey, where is the tiny firing pin spring.  Here it is, inside the hammer spring.  Tricky.   Pay attention, T-Bolt.  The punch is pointing at it.




Remember how I said youtube videos can be dubious?  The hard part is separating the wheat from the chaff.  And I couldn't have done the job without the manufacturers posted videos



First you take everything out, then you put in the new springs and re-assemble.  Easy enough, if the springs don't get away from you.  Here it is with all the parts out.



What's the stone for?  I dressed the rebound slide.  The green arrow is point at it.   As you are looking at the pistol frame, the slide contacts the 'bottom' and 'back' wall.  Just a few passes on the stone to knock off the high points.  I don't want to grind away or polish it down.  I have no idea if that would mess with the dimensions enough to mess up the action.  Just some.


Be careful.  Don't lose any spring or parts that can spring away.  Don't mung up the screws with ill fitting drivers or pry at the side plate.  Watch the video. 

I was smart at did one gun and was able to compare it's new action with the OEM action of the other gun.  Marginally but noticeably better.  Not too light, though, and I didn't want it too light.  Can't wait to try it out.

2 comments:

Angus McThag said...

I've done this install!

It changed my J-Frame from something I hated to shoot to sometime I liked to shoot, well combined with Hogue grips that is.

Arthur said...

Heh, for some reason I expected to see a straw stuck into the Hoppes #9 jug. :P